February 26, 2017 AM
Rev. Stephen Dervan
#6 in series
1) __ and __ are always proper responses to anything we face. (vv. 23, 24)
When confronted with problems they:
• Chose __ over __ (v. 23)
• Placed their __ on Jesus (v. 24)
• Chose to be __, not __ (v. 31)
2) Christ followers can trust __. (vv. 27, 28)
3) Focus on the __ of God rather than your __. (v. 29)
4) Boldness requires __. (v. 31a)
Boldness is not reckless impulsiveness. Boldness is recognizing the possible friction and pressing through our fears to do what we know is biblically right.
"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." – Robert Murray McCheyne
5) Pray __.
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." – Mark 11:24
"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord." – James 1:6, 7