March 11, 2018 AM
He Restores the Broken
I. THE FEARS WE FACE
1) She faced the fear of __ __. (vv. 36, 37)
• Cultural expectation tries to __ brokenness.
• Religious expectation tells us to __ our brokenness and act as if we have it all together.
2) She faced the fear of __ and __. (v. 38)
3) She faced the fear of __. (v. 39)
If we stay in our broken state, we become…
• __ to our brokenness
• __ to the things of God
II. WE FEARLESSLY BRING OUR BROKENNESS TO GOD
1) We realize that God is the __ of the brokenness of humanity. (vv. 40-43)
2) When we bring ourselves, our brokenness, and our possessions to God, it is an act of __. (vv. 44-46)
3) We realize that what __ is the only thing that matters. (vv. 47-50)
"God uses broken things. It takes broken soil to produce a crop, broken clouds to give rain, broken grain to give bread, broken bread to give strength. It is the broken alabaster box that gives forth perfume. It is Peter, weeping bitterly, who returns to greater power than ever." - Vance Havner