December 02, 2018 PM
Lessons in the Storm
Scene 1: Jesus sends the disciples out on a mission and they report back when they return. (Mk 6:7-32; Lk 9:1-10)
Scene 2: Jesus feeds 5,000 men with a child’s lunch. (Mt 14:13-21; Mk 6:33-44; Lk 9:12-17; Jn 6:1-15)
Scene 3: Jesus walks on water and calms the storm. (Mt. 14:22-33; Mk 6:45-52; Jn 6:16-21)
Scene 4: Jesus teaches on the Bread of Life. (Jn 6:22-71)
1) The disciples’ fears were calmed when they heard Jesus’ voice. John 6:16-21
2) The storms/pressures of life reveal our hearts.
3) Storms may be about __, spiritual __, or living in a fallen world.
4) Unless you’re __ by Jesus, __ in the boat!
Peter didn’t step out until Jesus said, “Come.” Peter __ and heard before He acted and __ out!
5) Storms expose our lack of __ and need for rest.
Without margin and rest, you’re entering the storm at a spiritual __.
6) Jesus can do more in an instant than our __-effort could ever accomplish.
Getting impatient and trying to do it alone will only lead to greater __ and deeper exhaustion.
7) The storms of life will test our __ and emphasize God-dependence.
When the disciples were sent out, what they lacked never determined what they did.
8) God reveals __ through the storms.
Had you not gone through what you went through, you wouldn’t know what you know about God.
9) Problems or peace, __ is the only appropriate response to Jesus.
Your circumstances can be mightily used by God for your __ and His glory!