Infants - 23 Months
What To Bring
When packing a diaper bag for your child, please include the following items:
-Two or three disposable diapers. No cloth diapers, please.
-Pacifier or other item needed for your child's feeling of security.
-A complete change of clothes.
-A prepared bottle of milk/formula, juice or water. Milk will be refrigerated.
Please label all personal items prior to arrival with your child's first and last name, including: bottles, pacifiers, blankets , bags, etc. This helps us keep track of your child's items.
Your Child's Health
We operate a well-baby program. Please review our Well Child Policy here. Thank you for helping us keep our preschool area a healthy place for all.
First Time Guest Check-in
Please stop by our Welcome Desk located on the 1st floor of the Joy Building.
At the time of check-in, you will be given:
- An adhesive security tag for your child. This tag should be applied to the back of your child's clothing. Your child's name & security number are printed on this. ** If your child has an allergy, please note it on the security tag **
- A matching adhesive tag for you to present at pick-up.
One of our greeters will then escort you to the appropriate room for your child. Your child will remain in the same room until pick-up time.
- If you are needed to return to your child's classroom, you will receive a text message from one of us, letting you know to come to the preschool area.
- It is necessary for parents to leave their phones on the Vibrate mode while in worship or Bible study.
- We ask that you present your tag upon return to the Preschool area and to your child's classroom.
- We will verify that your child's tag number matches that of yours and then release your child to you.
- A child will not be released to a parent without a matching tag.
- If a parent's tag has been lost, please return to the Preschool Welcome Desk.
- Worship services begin at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Checking your child in by 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. will allow you plenty of time to be seated.
When You Arrive At Your Child's Room
- A leader will meet you at the door to receive your child and any other necessary items. ** make sure your child's name is on ALL personal items & outerwear, including prepared bottles, sippee cups, etc. **
- Please sign your child in with their full name, your location and your cell phone number
- Note any information needed to care for your child such as feeding & nap times, etc.
- If your child has an allergy, please alert us to the need on the sign-in sheet & on your child's Security Tag. (see check-in procedure).
Snacks are provided for the children at appropriate age levels.
- If you do no want your child fed a snack, please inform the teacher in the classroom and indicate this on the sign-in sheet. (You will want to bring a snack from home for your child).
- The snack consists of water and goldfish crackers, vanilla wafers or saltine crackers for our toddlers.
If your child has an allergy, please inform the leader when you sign in your child & list this on your child's security tag. (see check-in procedure).
We believe even our littlest ones can learn! Regular learning experiences are planned and lessons are reinforced with songs, play and supervised activities designed with the ability of the children in mind. Curriculum from Lifeway is used.
After you have completed the check-in process, simply wave a quick goodbye and leave for the worship service. As you know, it is normal for little ones to cry when leaving a parent. This does not last long, and separation becomes easier over time. Our leaders will immediately try to create interest in a toy or activity and give assurance that you will return after the worship service is completed. If your child cries for an extended period of time, we will text you.
It is preferable that the same person drop off and pick up each child unless special instructions are given at check-in.
- Please make sure that all your child's personal items have been returned to you before you leave the premises.
- Lost & found items will be retained for a short time.
- Items not claimed after one month are donated to a charitable organization.
- Sippee cups without a name must be discarded.
Nursing Mother's Room
Please come to the Joy Building. A greeter will happily direct you to the isolated area designed to provide privacy during feeding times. Because our space is limited, we ask mothers to limit their stay to just the time required to meet the needs of the child. The worship service will be televised at this location.