Prayer is a vital part of any growing Christian's life. These current and classic books on prayer are recommended by Michael Catt and will help you develop a closer relationship with God.
- Passion for Prayer by Tom Elliff
- Of all the disciplines of the Christian life, prayer is perhaps the most neglected. Yet Jesus brief earthly life was permeated with it. If our Lord made prayer such a priority in word and deed, shouldn't we? A Passion for Prayer seeks to help you develop or deepen your communion with God. Drawing on personal experiences and the reassurances of God's Word, Pastor Tom Elliff shares the principles, challenges and disciplines of prayer.
- The Power of Persistence by Michael Catt
- The Power of Persistence is Catt’s invitation to a prayer-without-ceasing way of life. Stories from scripture and personal ministry experiences attest to the prophetic and profitable work of prayer. Engaging chapters on prayers of penitence, learning from the Psalmist, praying for children, the lost, and in response to spiritual warfare guide us to a breakthrough level of communication with the God who is eager to hear our cries and accomplish His work through us.
- The Valley of Vision by Arthur Bennett
- A selection of prayers and meditations in the Puritan tradition.
- With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray
- Prepare yourself for one of the church's most important ministries–––intercessory prayer. Using Jesus' teaching on prayer as a model, Murray begins at the elementary level and then leads you step–by–step deeper into the holiness of God. This special revised edition includes a timeline tracing Christian and secular history, and a brief illustrated biography of Murray.
- The Weapon of Prayer by E. M. Bounds
- It must never be forgotten that Almighty God rules this world. He is not an absentee God. His band is ever on the throttle of human affairs. He is everywhere present in the concerns of time. "His eyes behold, his eyelids try the children of men." He rules the world just as He rules the Church by prayer. This lesson needs to be emphasized, iterated and reiterated in the ears of men of modern times and brought to bear with cumulative force on the consciences of this generation whose eyes have no vision for the eternal things, whose ears are deaf toward God.
This bundle is offered at a total savings of over 25% off suggested retail price.