January 25, 2015 PM
Dr. Michael Catt – 1649
#4 in series
NOT ON MY WATCH
THE TENACITY OF A LEADER (Part 2)
Our nation needs tenacious leaders:
"Less than one out of every ten churched teenagers has a biblical worldview. In other words, the result of their involvement at a church is that they can recite some religious facts, they made some friends and they had some fun. That's wonderful, but we also find that most of them have neither accepted Christ as their Savior nor altered the basis on which they make their moral and ethical decisions in life. For most teenagers who have spent years attending church activities, their faith is not integrated into who they are and how they live." – George Barna
Our families need tenacious leaders:
Our schools need tenacious leaders:
There are lies being perpetrated on our nation, families, schools, and churches. Someone has to bring their sphere of influence together to say, "NOT ON MY WATCH."
The lies include:
Observations on persistence when dealing with problems:
1) We must reject the lifestyle of __________________________________.
2) We must change our view of what _______________________________.
3) We must eliminate ____________________________________ thinking.
4) We must eliminate our ________________________________________.
5) We must find a ________________________________ worth fighting for.
6) We must eliminate ___________________________________________.
7) We must accept ______________________________________________.
8) We must ask God for __________________________________________.
9) We must give people reasons ___________________________________.
10) We must never let the problems block our view of __________________.
"What appears here at first blush to be a list of forgotten names and boring details of wall construction, on closer examination becomes something dramatic and exciting. The entire community was mobilized. . . . The work force demonstrated an unquenchable dedication and ardent enthusiasm as they strained feverishly to finish the task." – Howard Vos
He divided the people to do the work.
1) He worked within the _________________________________________.
"To keep the laborers within their family or community groups would contribute to their sense of unity and togetherness. A fundamental question is always: Is it possible to work through the present structure of the organization. Changes may have to be made, but such changes should be made only when absolutely necessary. If there is existence within the organization's structure that can be utilized, by all means seek to work through that system." – T. S. Rendall
2) He enlisted the _______________________________________________.
3) He kept them __________________________.
4) He was _______________________________.
What does it take to organize a ministry, a task or a project?
"It is tension that kills, not work. It is getting caught in the Christian rat race that does the damage. It is the desperate fight to keep up a front with Christians friends or with the Christian public, to appear smilingly spiritual and 'produce' spirituality when you know all the while that you're true inner life does not measure up to your exterior image." – John White
The sign of an outstanding leader is _________________________________.
Why do leaders place people in the wrong place?
• Failure to know the _______________________ to make the job successful.
• Failure to ___________________________________ where they need to be.
• Failure is most often the result of a _________________________________.
What happens when we put people in the wrong place?
• An unwillingness to _______________________________
• An erosion of ____________________________________
• Progress is ______________________________________
• Potential is never _________________________________
The wrong person in the wrong place = _____________________________
The wrong person in the right place = _____________________________
The right person in the wrong place = _____________________________
The right person in the right place = _____________________________
The right people in the right place = _____________________________
How to put the right people in the right place:
a) Know ____________________.
How they all fit together. Chemistry. Symmetry. Where are they? This includes attitude, experiences, abilities, personal drive, emotional stability, ability to relate to others, evidences of personal discipline.
b) Know ____________________ you are facing.
This would include time, timing, opportunities, opposition.
c) Provide a sense of ____________________.
If the leader or the people are insecure they'll never take risks for fear of failure. Insecure people freak out when anything changes. They are not flexible and, most of all, lack faith in the promises and power of God.
"When the country is in chaos, everybody has a plan to fix it – but it takes a leader of real understanding to straighten things out." Proverbs 28:2, THE MESSAGE
"When good people run things, everyone is glad, but when the ruler is bad, everyone groans." Proverbs 29:2, THE MESSAGE
"A leader of good judgment gives stability; an exploiting leader leaves a trail of waste."
Proverbs 29:4, THE MESSAGE
We _________________________________________ the problems head on.
We _______________________________________________ people to grow.
We _________________________________________________ our purpose.
We turn ________________________________________________________.
We ________________________________ victories others only dream about.
We _____________________________________________________ leaders.
We _________________ against our critics, the world, the flesh and the devil.