May 31, 2020 PM
Dr. Michael Catt - 1967
#2 in series
APPROACHABLE: According to Your Faith
“Many Christians confuse the key of faith with counterfeit keys that bear a remarkable resemblance to faith but are actually look-alike replicas. Often what they judge to be faith is in fact presumption or wishful thinking or selfish desire or a denial of reality or some form of positive thinking.” – Ron Dunn
I. FAITH DEFINED
II. FAITH’S DEMAND
III. FAITH’S DECLARATION
In Chuck Swindoll’s commentary on Hebrews, he gives five facts about faith from Hebrews 11:
1) Faith builds assurance and conviction (v. 1). It drives out doubts about the past, insecurity about the present, and fear of the future.
2) Faith faces the future with confidence (v. 1). It solidifies hope and stands firm in the midst of the gale-force winds of trials.
3) Faith focuses on an invisible reality (vv. 1, 3). It perceives “things not seen,” which unbelievers will never accept.
4) Faith fulfills its purpose in pleasing God (vv. 2, 6). It can’t be substituted by good works, good feelings, or good intentions.
5) Faith fixes our lives fully on God (v. 6). It takes seriously God’s promise of reward for faithfulness.
3 questions that will help you bring clarity to your questions: