January 10, 2021 PM
(previously preached and recorded on May 25, 2003)
Dr. Michael Catt
When You Are Down in the Dumps
"Depression is a major ill that affects more people than we imagine and infects more than we realize." - Warren Wiersbe
I. THE REASONS FOR DEPRESSION
A. Spiritually, a sense of separation
B. Physical separation
C. Personally, a sense of isolation
II. THE RIGHT RESPONSE TO DEPRESSION
A. The necessity for honesty
B. The necessity of developing a longing heart for God
- Remember God in your past
- Remember God's faithfulness
- Remember to put your hope in God
III. PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS FOR DEALING WITH DEPRESSION
- Look away from your circumstances and look to God.
- Don't keep your depression bottled up inside.
- Learn to praise God even when you don't feel like it.
- Put God at the forefront.
- Put your feet on solid ground.
- Make God your source of strength.
- Put your hope in God.