August 29, 2021 AM
(#1 in series)
ENGAGE: THAT WE MAY MAKE HIM KNOWN
Engage the Mission
Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19-20
Four observations from the texts:
1) The gospel is the __ of Christ’s teachings.
2) The gospel is for __.
3) The gospel is to be taught for __, not just information.
4) The gospel should not __ with you.
Every Christian is called to be a disciple, and every church is called to make disciples. The two critical questions become:
1) What is a disciple?
2) How do you make disciples?
Where do we start?
• We start __ and work out.
What’s hindering us from fully engaging in the Great Commission?
We’re afraid of what others might __ if we share the gospel.
We’re afraid of God’s ultimate __.
We’re afraid of how church will __ if the focus really becomes making disciples.
We’re afraid of __ something wrong when sharing the gospel.
We’re afraid of the __ of getting to the ends of the earth.
For those willing to engage the mission of God, here are 3 easy action steps.
1) __ for ways to entrust the gospel.
2) Entrust the gospel to your __.
3) __ people to church, to your small group, or to some other event that brings them in contact with other believers.