September 05, 2021 AM
(#2 in series)
ENGAGE: THAT WE MAY MAKE HIM KNOWN
Engage the Message
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
“Everything in Scripture is either __ for the gospel, __ of the gospel, or __ in the gospel.” – Dave Harvey | Pastor, Four Oaks Community Church
“To grow in your passion for what Jesus has done, increase your __ of what He has done. Never be content with your current grasp of the gospel. The gospel is a life-permeating, world-altering, and universe-changing truth. It has more facets than a diamond. Its depths man will never exhaust.”
– C. J. Mahaney, The Cross-Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing
Big Truth: You never __ the gospel; you grow __ the gospel.
The essence of the gospel:
- Humanity was created for a relationship with God.
- Our __ separated us from that relationship.
- There is nothing that we can do to reconcile this relationship on our own.
- Jesus lived a perfect life and __ on the cross to pay the penalty of our sin.
- Jesus rose from the dead that we might have life.
- Jesus offers __ life (reconciled relationship) to those who will repent of their sin by placing faith in Him.
The gospel of grace teaches that we are far __ than we thought, but Jesus is far __ than we imagined.
Grace is God’s unmerited favor in which He does __ us and through us and __ us what we could not do for ourselves.