November 14, 2021 AM
(#5 in series)
Societal Trends, Role Reversal, and a Need for Biblical Modeling Among the Sexes, Part 1
My three goals for the next two messages:
1) To bring __ to a problem that’s decimating families and individuals.
2) To let hurting people know there is help and hope in the gospel.
3) To provide biblical insights to help you __ with God and those you love on a meaningful level.
God’s __ and God’s __ are under attack. There is a relentless and destructive message coming through the channels of culture that being a man is __ and being a woman is not __.
What does that mean to be made in God’s image?
It means we’re made to __ God. Mentally, morally, and socially, we’re made in God’s likeness.
- __, we’re created with the ability to reason and choose.
- Morally, we were created in righteousness as a reflection of God’s holiness.
- __, we’ve been created for relationship and community.
There are seven recognized channels of culture:
- social sector
- arts and entertainment
Our society is experiencing a vacuum of __ young men, due in part to role reversal, __ manhood, and encouraging __ role models.
What is the answer?
1) Christian men must __ God’s design for biblical manhood.
2) Christian men must teach and __ these truths before their kids.