January 30, 2022 AM
(#4 in series)
Vision: Moving Together Towards God’s Preferred Future
HOW CAN WE JOIN HIM?
Many Christians live __ lives because God has poured far more into them than they’ve been willing to __ out into others.
Serving others is about faithfully __ out what God has poured in.
__ He came is __ He’s doing!
In the Book of Mark, Jesus shared three texts describing why He came:
- In Mark 1:38, Jesus said, “Let us go somewhere else to the towns nearby, so that I may preach there also; for that is what I came for.”
- In Mark 2:17, Jesus said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
- In Mark 10:45, Jesus said, “For even the Son of Many did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
“It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others.” – Ephesians 2:10, LB
“Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.” – Philippians 2:4, NASB
“For you were called to freedom…only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” – Galatians 5:13, NASB
“God has shown you His grace in many different ways. So be good servants and use whatever gift He has given you in a way that will best serve each other.” – 1 Peter 4:10, NLT
How can we join God in what He’s doing?
1) __ God by spending time with God where the focus is on God.
2) Serve in areas that align with your passions and gifting.
3) __ faithfully, and prayerfully consider helping with the Meet the Need campaign.
4) Invite others to join in this faith journey.
5) __ social media and opportunities for the sake of the Kingdom.
Three statements of clarity:
1) __ does not determine call.
2) Everyone is not called to everything.
3) Serve according to the gifts and __ given to YOU.