March 06, 2022 AM
(#3 in series)
Rewire: Rethinking How You Think
A BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING OF DISCOURAGEMENT
1 Kings 19
A basic understanding of 5 terms related to emotional distress:
- __ is emotional pain associated with or characterized by feelings of disadvantage, loss, despair, or hopelessness.
- Disappointment is sadness or displeasure caused by the nonfulfillment of one's hopes or expectations.
- __ is a loss of confidence, courage, or enthusiasm to press forward.
- Depression is an overpowering and ongoing mental struggle that may have a dramatic impact on daily living.
- __ is deep sorrow associated with loss (loss of someone or loss of something).
What is discouragement from a biblical perspective?
What makes someone more prone to discouragement?
What are four issues from Elijah's life that made him more prone to discouragement?
1) We're prone to discouragement when we live in __ and not faith. Fear skews your view of __.
2) We're prone to discouragement when we don't take time to __.
God will __ us of ourselves so that we discover the limitless __ that is only found in Him.
3) We're prone to discouragement when we __ on the frustrations and believe a false __.
You never solve the problem by focusing on the problem; you solve the problem by focusing on the __.
4) We're prone to discouragement when we __ God to move in certain ways.
It doesn't have to be __ to be God; it just has to be __.