March 27, 2022 AM
#5 in series
A BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING OF MIND RENEWAL
2 CORINTHIANS 10:3-5; ROMANS 12:2
Key thought: What you believe determines how you act. How you act determines if you win.
The basics of this spiritual battle:
I. Our battle is spiritual (v.3).
II. Our weapons are spiritual (v.4).
There are 3 primary weapons we use in spiritual warfare:
- Weapon 1: The Word of God (Ephesians 6:17)
- Weapon 2: The presence of God (Deuteronomy 1:30, Zechariah 4:6, Jude 9)
- Weapon 3: The prayers of God’s people (James 5:15).
III. Our ability to know God is under attack (v.5a).
Part of Satan’s strategy has always been to eliminate the __ before there’s a __.
IV. The mind is to be closely monitored (v.5b).
Step 1: Guard the __ of the mind.
To guard the gate, stop and ask:
- __ is this thought coming from?
- Where is this thought __?
- What does God’s __ say about this idea/thought/belief?
- Have I submitted this thought to the __ of Christ (if not why)?
- Is this thought __ me or __ me from knowing God?
Fortresses do not fall because we __ our minds; they fall because we __ our minds with the right things.
Step 2: __ the mind in truth.