April 17, 2022
The Simple and Personal Message of Easter
Most people DO NOT become a Christian because ALL their
__ are answered; they become a Christian because God became real to them in a __ way.
Big Truth: When God becomes __ to us in a personal
way, our critical __ are overcome with belief.
Jesus “told them before it happened, so that when
it happened—they would believe.” (John 14:29)
“But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. When they saw Him, they worshiped Him, but some were doubtful.” (Matthew 28:16-17)
Doubt is what happens when the information we receive differs from the __ we know.
Conclusion: Here's that simple message of Christ one more time.
- You and I were created for relationship with God.
- Our sin separated us from that relationship.
- There was nothing that we could do to reconcile the relationship on our own.
- Jesus did what we could never do. He lived a sinless life, He died on the cross for our sins, and He rose again on the third day that we may have life.
- Jesus offers eternal life (or a reconciled relationship) to those who will turn from their sin by placing faith in Christ.