July 10, 2022 AM
(#1 in series)
The Sacraments: Communion
The sacraments of baptism and communion are simple practices __ by Jesus and graciously given to the church, which reflect Christ's __ of sinners and symbolize God's inner work in the lives of believers. The sacraments reflect a reality far beyond water, bread, and wine for those who have eyes to see and a heart to understand.
To understand Communion, we need to understand Passover.
1) Why is Passover __?
2) What was the __ of Passover?
Each cup represented one of the promises of redemption given by God just before Israel's deliverance from Egypt (Exodus 6:6-8):
- Cup One: Corresponds with God's promise, “I will __ you…”
- Cup Two: Corresponds with God's promise, “I will deliver you…”
- Cup Three: Corresponds with God's promise, “I will __ you…”
- Cup Four: Corresponds with God's promise, “And I will take you to be my people.”
3) What makes Communion a __?
Communion is not a picture of __; it's a reminder of __.
4) What is __ through Communion?