July 10, 2022 PM
(#25 in series)
Galatians: The Consequences for Failing to Stand Firm, Part 2
If you’re not continually realigning yourself with the truths of grace, you will gradually drift into bondage and not even know it.
What are the consequences of failing to stand firm in the freedom we have in Christ?
1) Failing to stand firm in freedom places us back under the yoke
of slavery. (v. 1)
2) Failing to stand firm in freedom forfeits our spiritual wealth making us a debtor again. (vv. 2-3)
3) Failing to stand firm in freedom removes us from the blessings
of __. (vv. 4-6)
Grace is God’s unmerited favor where He does __ us, through us, and __ us what we cannot do for ourselves.
Depending on ourselves __ us of the power of God.
4) Failing to stand firm in freedom causes us to lose our direction.
All it takes is a little __ to impact the whole church.
5) Failing to stand firm in freedom removes the offense of the cross. (vv. 11-12)
- The cross reminds us that we were all __.
- The cross reminds us that our sin has consequences.
- The cross reminds us that our “__” is never good enough.
- The cross points to our inability; Jesus did for us what we could never do ourselves.
- The cross reminds us of our __.
- The cross is a symbol of humility.
- The cross is a symbol of __.