August 28, 2022 AM
(#4 in series)
Undivided: Trials and Maturity
Spiritual maturity involves __, behaviors, and __.
Four great myths of spiritual maturity that are prevalent in the church in America today:
1) We mistake Christian __ for spiritual maturity.
2) We __ the role of the Holy Spirit, and we overestimate our own role in the process.
3) We view trials as __ to our life when God views trials as the main event for our maturity.
4) We equate __ as a Christian with maturity as a Christian.
Spiritual maturity requires a submissive __ with the Holy Spirit's work in the context of trials.
In the first eight verses of James 1, two lives are contrasted:
- Those who are perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (v. 4) (Spiritually __ Believers)
- And those who are tossed by the wind, double-minded, and unstable in all their ways. (vv. 6-7) (Spiritually __ Believers)
“…we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” – Romans 5:3
“After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.” – 1 Peter 5:10
Trials build __.
1) List several of the trials/problems you're experiencing today.
2) Ask God, “What are you teaching me or developing in me through this trial?”
3) How has your attitude been so far? What does God want your attitude to be?
4) Will you let endurance have its perfect result?