October 16, 2022 PM
(#1 in series)
In Christ: The Story at Ephesus
Paul's apostleship would convey at least three ideas with the original audience.
1) He __ to Christ.
2) He was sent __ by Christ.
3) He had __ from Christ.
Paul defines Christians in three ways. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, said that these qualities define the “irreducible minimum of what constitutes a Christian.”
1) Christians are __.
2) Christians are __.
3) Christians are __ Christ.
Being in Christ is a statement of __. It describes someone who is __ to Christ in such unity that what is true of Him is also true of us.
KEY DEFINITION: A Christian is someone who is set apart by God, __ in faith to the gospel, remaining __ to the process, and whose life is found in Christ.
The purpose of the letter is found in the primary themes of this letter.
- Theme 1: All Christians are __ together in the Body of Christ.
- Theme 2: All Christians have __ they need in Christ.
When basic __ has occurred, each Christian is as spiritually __ as they want to be.
- Theme 3: All Christians are called to live out these spiritual truths for the __ of the Father, the building up of the Body, and the __ of God's kingdom.