November 27, 2022 AM
In His Footsteps
Jesus: Heart of Compassion
Types of compassion:
- Hamal: an emotional response which may result in meeting a __ need or removing a person from a difficult __ (Exodus 2:6; 2 Samuel 21:7)
- Raham: to love __ or to have __ (Deuteronomy 30:3; 2 Kings 13:23; Isaiah 54:8)
- Splanchnizomai – to be __ down to your innermost being
How did Jesus respond?
1) Jesus was deeply moved because of their __.
2) Jesus saw beyond the physical and saw their __ need.
3) Jesus did not see a social problem, but a spiritual __.
4) Jesus directed the disciples to __ to the Lord.
5) Jesus asked for __.
What are we to do?
1) Ask the Lord to help us to see the __.
2) Ask the Lord of the harvest to fill our hearts with __.
3) Ask the Lord to move us to __ for the cause of Jesus Christ.