February 05, 2022 AM
(#3 in series)
Download a PDF of the sermon notes by clicking here.
Click here to download a PDF of the children's sermon notes.
Share His Story: Satisfied in Him
“God is most __ in us when we are most __ in Him.” – John Piper
Two misunderstandings related to joy:
- Joy is not a level of __ made available only to perfect people.
- Joy is not a feeling you get when everything goes exactly as __ and all your problems fade away.
What is Christian joy?
Christian joy is an inward feeling of deep __ and happiness that’s produced in us by the Holy Spirit and more fully __ as we abide in Christ.
Those who __ in Him are __ in Him.
Things can make a satisfied life more __, but things can never make a discontented life __. Only God can fully satisfy.
When will Jesus be __?
How do we grow in our joy and satisfaction in God?
- Spend __ in His presence.
- As a part of __ prayer, ask God to reveal His blessings in your life.
- __ God for who He is and what He’s done for you.
- Ask God to __ you when you’re pursuing other things to bring satisfaction.
- Constantly __ His goodness with others.