February 19, 2023 PM
(#8 in series)
Download a PDF of the sermon notes by clicking here.
In Christ: Praying for Proficiency (Part 3)
There is a progressive nature of knowledge:
- There is ignorance (lack of knowledge).
- There is awareness (introduction of knowledge).
- There is practice (application of knowledge).
- There is proficiency (perfection of knowledge).
The prayer has four parts. Paul prayed...
- That we would know God fully. (v. 17)
- That we would know the hope of His calling. (v. 18)
- That we would know the riches of the glory of His inheritance. (v. 18)
- That we might know the greatness of His __ toward us. (vv. 19-23)
Paul reminds us of Jesus’ power in every realm of life. Jesus has…
- Power over __: …when He raised Him from the dead
- Power in __: …and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,
- Power over __: …far above all rule and authority and power and dominion,
- Power over __: …and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
- Power over all __: …And He put all things in subjection under His feet,
- Power over His __: …and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.