April 16, 2023 AM
Download a PDF of the sermon notes by clicking here.
Click here to download a PDF of the children's sermon notes.
Wait: Wait for the Lord
Key Truth: God __ us through the waiting to better embrace His __ on the other side.
Side Note: God’s silence may be __ or not right now, but silence is never __.
Question 1: What does it mean to wait for the Lord?
The word “wait” means “to __ together, look patiently, tarry or wait, hope or eagerly expect.”
Question 2: How are we to wait for the Lord?
David gives us a great pattern for waiting in Psalm 24. We are to...
1) Reflect upon God’s __ in the past.
2) Bring all our needs to Him in prayer.
3) Remember that it takes strength and __ to wait on God.
4) We should NOT take matters into our own hands.
5) Wait with an attitude of __ and confident expectation.
Question 3: Why should we wait for the Lord?
The simple answer is __. But Scripture also shares benefits of waiting for the Lord.
• God renews our __ if we wait on Him. (Isaiah 40:31)
• God is good to those who wait on Him. (Lamentations 3:25)
• God __ our prayers as we wait on Him. (Micah 7:7)
• God exalts those who wait on Him. (Psalm 37:34)
• God inclines His ear to our need, __ us, establishes us, __ us, and puts a new song in our mouths when we wait on Him. (Psalm 40:1-17)
Question 4: How long are we to wait for the Lord?
God’s best through __ is always better than our best right __!
Question 5: What should we remember when waiting for the Lord?
Each statement helps shape perspective.
• Vance Havner said, “He who waits on God __ no time.”
• Taking matters into our own hands can have devastating consequences for years to come.
• God’s __ often takes time.
• God is not in a hurry; He works from and for eternity.
• God uses the waiting to __ us for the answer.
• Everything has an appointed time; part of wisdom is waiting until God is ready.
• The enemy will use the waiting to fill our minds with __; we must use the waiting to renew our minds with __.
• If the answer has not yet come, it’s because the answer is not yet needed.