April 16, 2023 PM
What Happened to the Miracles?
Verse 11 says, “God was performing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul…”
Luke indicates these were no ordinary miracles. He has two types of extraordinary miracles in mind:
1) __ healings through the laying on of Paul’s hands (v. 11)
2) Indirect healings through the __ of Paul’s handkerchiefs and aprons (v. 12)
1. WHAT IS A MIRACLE?
A miracle is an act of God that points back to __.
2. WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF BIBLICAL MIRACLE?
• God used miracles to point to __ in Christ. (Acts. 2:22)
• God used miracles to pinpoint His __. (2 Corinthians 12:12)
• God used miracles to validate His __. (Mark 16:20).
Much of God’s intended purpose with miracles has already been accomplished.
3. ARE MIRACLES STILL HAPPENING TODAY?
Yes! God can do what He chooses, when He chooses, for whom He chooses, and for whatever reasons He chooses.