April 23, 2023 AM
(#2 in series)
Wait: When God Seems Silent
Even when God seems __, He’s still __ you well.
How does a story of delayed prayer give us reassurance of God’s love and timing?
- You can have __: God sees you __ in Christ, and He knows where you are. (vv. 10-11)
The enemy will use the silence to fill our minds with __; we must use the silence to renew our minds with __.
- You can stay __: God has heard your prayers, and He honors those who __ themselves. (v. 12)
Prayer should not be an exercise in __.
- You should be __: A spiritual battle is being fought, and God is always __. (v. 13)
Romans 15:30; Ephesians 6:11-12; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- You can rest __: Even in God’s __,
He is never late. (v. 14)
- If the answer has not yet come, it’s because the answer is not yet needed.
- If God seems silent in the moment, thank Him for the silence and the opportunity to renew your mind in the truths He’s already shared.
- If the answer seems delayed, remember there is a spiritual battle taking place around you. Pray like you’re in a battle.
- If God chooses to bless you with silence, don’t think His opinion of you has changed. He loves you just as much in “the silence of the meantime” as He does in “the joy of answered prayer.” Trust Him.