April 23, 2023 PM
(#9 in series)
In Christ: The Story of Redemption
God’s __ requires God’s __.
To show us that God’s power is unlimited, the Apostle Paul uses four Greek words for power in verse 19 and then five verses to explain this power. He spoke of…
- Dunamis (power): God’s unlimited power available to Christians
- Energeia (working): the energizing force of the Spirit that empowers believers to do as God desires
- Kratos (strength): the strength necessary to overcome whatever stands in the way
- Ischus (might): strength which one has as latent power; endowed power or ability
Key Truth: Humanity is separated from God by sin and incapable of __ the relationship.
Paul uses three descriptions to show why humanity is separated from God. Apart from Christ, we are…
- __ in trespasses and sins
- __ to the lusts of the flesh
- By nature children of __
Apart from Christ, we are…
- Dead in trespasses and sins (v. 1)
- God does not judge based on __ standard of goodness.
- How __ is good __?
- Salvation is not __ because of how bad we’ve sinned!
- Salvation is not __ because of how good we’ve been!
- Salvation is a gift of grace made possible by the __ work of Jesus.