May 07, 2023 AM
(#4 in series)
Download a PDF of the sermon notes by clicking here.
Click here to download a PDF of the children’s’s sermon notes.
Wait: Discernment and God’s Will
Key Truth for the Series: God prepares us through the waiting to better embrace His will on the other side.
Three ways God’s will is mentioned in Scripture:
- The Bible speaks of God’s __ plan which He ordained from the beginning of time.
(Ephesians 1:3-6; Romans 11:1-2, 29; Job 42:2)
- The Bible speaks of God’s __ (or will) as revealed in the Bible. (Romans 2:14-15)
- The Bible speaks of God’s __ (or will) for individual people. (“by the will of God”)
(Colossians, Ephesians, Galatians, 1 and 2 Corinthians, etc.)
How do you get your mind around the concepts?
- Part of God’s will is __, and you will only know after it happens.
- Part of God’s will is __, and you can know it through Scripture.
- Part of God’s will is __, and you discover it as you live within the parameters of Scripture, applying biblical wisdom, and walking in relationship with God.
How do you know if you’re waiting on God or if God is waiting on you?
When you are trying to discern God’s will...
- __ what God has __ called you to do. (vv. 4-5)
- Walk forward in __ to God while applying biblical __. (vv. 6-8)
- Let God’s __ strengthen your __. (vv. 9-10)