August 20, 2023 AM
(#18 in series)
Undivided: More Than Words, Part 3
BIG TRUTH: What we say reveals who we are, the direction we take, the impact we make, the one we trust, and the clarity of our witness.
- What we say reveals who we are... (v. 2)
- What we say reveals...the direction we take... (vv. 3-5a)
- What we say reveals...the impact we make... (vv. 5b-6)
__ ends when it hits the ears of a __ person.
Verse 6 presents four major elements that speak of the tongue’s danger.
1) The tongue is the very world of __.
2) The tongue defiles the entire body.
3) The tongue sets the __ of our life on fire.
4) The tongue is continually set on fire by hell.
- What we say reveals...the one we trust... (vv. 7-8)
People cannot tame their tongue, but God can tame it if they submit to Him. Ultimately, do we trust ourselves or do we trust God?
- What we say reveals...the clarity of our witness. (vv. 9-12)
Are we making it __ or __ for people to believe the gospel based on what we say?
REFLECTION: Ask God to help you honestly answer these questions. What are your next steps?
- Am I __ about and continually submitting my speech to God?
- Can I be trusted with another person’s reputation?
- Am I starting, listening to, and/or spreading __?
- Am I guilty of flattery?
- Is __ using me to bring division, disunity, or destruction?
- Is Satan using me to be his voice for criticism?
- Are my words truthful, honest, and __?
- Do I build people up or tear people down with my words?
- Am I excusing my speech because of my hurt?
- If the last month of my conversations were recorded and shown in public, would __ be represented well through my life?
- What is God __ me to do NOW?