October 01, 2023 PM
(#15 in series)
In Christ: Engage Now
“Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of __, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really __.” – Francis Chan
There are three major themes that are emphasized throughout this letter:
1) All Christians are __ together in the Body of Christ.
2) All Christians have __ they need in Christ.
3) All Christians are called to live out these spiritual truths for the __ of the Father, the building up of the Body, and the __ of God’s Kingdom.
For 12 verses, Paul has outlined the deep contrast between where we were then and where we are now. Starting at the top of chapter 2 and going down…
- We were dead, but now we’re __.
- We were lost, but now we’re saved.
- We were excluded, but now we’re included.
- We were __, but now we’re family.
- We were without hope, but now we have hope.
- We were without God, but now GOD HAS US.
- We were once far off, but now we’ve been __ near.
In verse 4, the bad __ ends with “But God…”
In verse 13, our old __ end with “But now…”